This is my personal and budgeted DIY home security. It’s worth noting that I am self-employed and work from home (if I worked long hours in an office, I would also have some sort of home security monitoring service).
The items here are as follows:
- Shotgun (Mossberg 500) ($200 + $35 stock)
- Wireless IR Cam (Foscam nVision FI8918W) ($240 for 3 cams)
- Smartphone (Samsing Galaxy S4) (“free” with my continued indentured servitude to Verizon)
- Eskrima Stick ($15)
- Door Stop Alarms ($10 for 2)
- Window/Door Alarms ($5)
- Pepper Spray ($15)
- Samsung Galaxy 2 Tablet ($100)
- Knife (Kabar) (This was a gift…but a decent knife can be purchased for $20).
Total: $505 (excludes the unnecessary shotgun stock and Samsung Galaxy tablet). Continue reading