A recent home invasion involving a man kicking in a back door and physically assaulting a woman in her own home and in front of her 3-year-old daughter was captured by the nanny-cam.
Law enforcement believes this was a random (not pre-meditated) home invasion. Since the incident occurred, the unfortunate woman and her husband have purchased a home security system.
Read more here
A home invasion is a break-in that occurs while you are at home. Some basic tips include:
- A dog (some, if not most breeds make for excellent deterrents and alarms)
- Home security alarm system
- Make sure you lock your doors and close your windows (no matter how ‘safe’ you think your neighborhood is)
- Keep your cell phone in at arm’s reach, and ready to dial 911 if a break in occurs
- Don’t flaunt your belongings through your doors/windows. Make sure valuables aren’t easily spotted from the street
- A community watch is a great deterrent. Communication makes a world of difference.
- Keep some sort of weapon (even if it’s a non-lethal weapon such as a taser or pepper spray). Continue reading